Friday, August 8, 2014

Kimono - Revisited

So it's been a busy near year. I have moved twice and Samantha had a baby. This weekend I am going to be revisiting the kimono.
I recut the piece that was ruined from the painting and zig zag stitched the raw edges. I was planning on dyeing it tonight as well but I don't have non iodized salt (I need 20 cups of it).
Tomorrow, after buying the salt, I am going to tub dye the fabric for the kimono shell in the washing machine and then dry, iron and sew up the back and sides of the kimono.
My plan now is to use fabric medium for acrylic paints and paint a design on the bottom of the kimono, or to use sashiko-type embroidery with green thread to embroider a design on it. I will be dyeing several other pieces that aren't part of the kimono so that I can practice the techniques before I decide on them.
I hope to have the kimono done by the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment